I have 161 picture books to go to complete the 1000 Picture Books in 2016 Reading Challenge! I discovered a new favorite wordless picture book this month (Hank Finds an Egg) as well as a new favorite interactive book (Tap the Magic Tree). I am a huge fan of Oliver Jeffers. His new book (A Child of Books) has an incredible message with mind-blowing art. Jane Yolen’s newest book (What to Do With a Box) is also brilliant. Happy reading!
Visit my January-September posts for Goodreads links to the picture books I’ve read in 2016.
Top 19 picks for October!
1. Hank Finds an Egg by Rebecca Dudley
2. I Am Yoga by Susan Verde
3. Tap the Magic Tree by Christie Matheson
4. Water Can Be… by Laura Purdie Salas
5. How to Track a Truck by Jason Carter Eaton
6. Albie’s First Word by Jacqueline Tourville
7. The King of Little Things by Bil Lepp
8. The Story of Fish and Snail by Deborah Freedman
9. Crankenstein by Samantha Berger
10. Click, Clack, Surprise! by Doreen Cronin
11. Xander’s Panda Party by Linda Sue Park
12. First Snow by Bomi Park
13. I Am a Story by Dan Yaccarino
14. The Bear Who Couldn’t Sleep by Caroline Nastro
15. Max at Night by Ed Vere
16. A Child of Books by Oliver Jeffers
17. Yellow Time by Lauren Stringer
18. Tea Rex by Molly Idle
19. What to Do With a Box by Jane Yolen
My kiddos LOVE boxes!